Monday 18 October 2010

The Forgotten Coat

Autumn/Winter is by far my favourite time of year and I love nothing more than splashing out on a new coat to see me through the long, cold months.

To prepare myself for pay day, I stocked up on the glossies and trawled the internet for inspiration. However, I found it hard to see past the endless articles and mood boards of shearling leathers and capes (in camel, of course!) Both perfectly nice styles, don't get me wrong - but not the most practical of coats for our notoriously harsh weather.

Which brings me to the star of this post, the duffle! Timeless, stylish and as cosy as can be. To me, the duffle coat sums up British winters. Wrapped up warm, trudging though rain, sleet and snow, the duffle will see you through the darkest of days.

It has a quintessential English charm, thanks on the most part to it's most famous fan, Paddington Bear.




Effortlessly chic, no?

Get the look at Urban Outfitters...

£ 249


For non-Paddington fans, the best of the rest.


Bargain!

Matalan - £ 40




Blow It!
Matches - £ 348


So, it'll come as no surprise to find I'll be opting for a duffle this year, what kind of coat do you have your eye on?

No comments:

Post a Comment